Depression affects millions of people. It can be a chronic and sometimes chemical condition with symptoms that often vary amongst individuals and can affect how you live your life. Few people experiences depression in the same way.. You might seem like a different person than you once were to your self and to others. Here are some common symptoms of depression:
- Constantly feeling sad
- Feeling worthless
- Loss of appetite or inability to control eating
- Weight gain or loss
- Lack of interest in things you once enjoyed
- Lack of desire to socialize or interact with others
- Inability to concentrate on small tasks
- Lack of sleep or too much sleep
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Suicidal Thoughts (If you are contemplating suicide please call us or 1-800-273-8255 to speak with someone immediately).
Depression can be brought on by dramatic changes. The loss of a loved one, loss of your job, moving to a new, unfamiliar place, trauma and many other life events. There are anti-depressant medications available to help, but sometimes the best help can be discussing what is going on with you. Therapy provides a space for you to explore what is bothering you and gain insights into those triggers holding the grief, loss, loneliness, sadness....... Therapy can help to manage and balance your emotions and find ways to effectively regulate your internal system.
If you feel you are ready for therapy click on the "contact us'" for an appointment and we can discuss options that might be best for you. I look forward to talking with you soon-Lucy